|Job Title||Ambulette Operator*|
|Location||Bronx, NY*||*Position is based out of Bronx, NY|
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Ambulette operator is responsible to provide high quality non-emergency transportation to patients who may utilize a wheelchair, while providing exceptional customer service.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Responds to calls when dispatched.
- The Ambulette Operator will operate his or her assigned vehicle under the laws of the State of New York and the policies of RCA Ambulance.
- Reads maps, may drive Ambulette to most expeditious route permitted by weather and road conditions.
- The Ambulette Operator will be familiar with local geography and facilities so as to provide efficient transportation without unnecessary delay to clients.
- Observes all traffic ordinances and regulations.
- Communicates with dispatcher requesting additional assistance or services as necessary.
- Assists with lifting, carrying and properly loading and securing patient into the Ambulette.
- Avoids mishandling patient and undue haste.
- Assists in moving patient from ambulette into medical facility.
- Maintains ambulette in operable condition.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of ambulette, its equipment and supplies.
- Determines vehicle readiness by checking operator maintainable fluid, fuel and air pressure levels.
- Maintains familiarity with all specialized equipment.
- The Ambulette Operator will be courteous and professional to clients and to associates at all times while on duty.
- The Ambulette Operator will maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times while on duty or while off duty and wearing an RCA Ambulance Uniform.
- Must assist in weighing patients at hemodialysis centers and assist with other similar tasks as requested.
- The Ambulette Operator will also perform any reasonably related duties as prescribed by his or her supervisor/manager.
This description is not intended to be all inclusive and may be modified from time to time as circumstances and business necessity dictates.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 250 pounds with assistance from one other qualified individual.
- Must be able to lift and move a 50-75 lb. ambulette wheelchair.
- Must be adaptive to work in all types of weather conditions, including, but not limited to, rain, snow, heat, etc.
- Due to the uncontrolled environment in which the Ambulette Operator works, he/she may be subjected to predisposing themselves to be at risk for:
- bodily harm
- exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Education: Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Contact with Others: Co-workers, clients, patients and families, medical personnel. Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid New York State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger (P) endorsement, and a good driving record (3 points maximum)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
RCA Ambulance is an equal opportunity employer. RCA Ambulance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. RCA Ambulance conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Key Words: Richmond County Ambulance, RCA Ambulance Service